Do you like recommending your favourite books? Would you like more recommendations tailored to your mood or content you fancy?
Then you’re in the right place!
How does it work?
- Each month, Michaela and I will pick a theme. This could be anything, from a certain type of representation to a specific trope to an emotion you want a book to make you feel.
- We’ll launch it on our blogs and Twitter at the start of the month – make sure you’re following both myself and Michaela!
- Then it’s up to you! All you need to do is leave a comment or reply to our tweet with a book recommendation you think fits that theme and why. This can be as long or short as you like and you can recommend as many or few as you can think of!
For example: this month’s theme is ‘A Book For When You Want To Cry’
My recommendation for a book for when you want to cry is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak because you develop a real affection for all the characters and the ending is so brutal. It’s based around a real period of history too so it hurts even more to think events like this could actually have happened.
- At the end of the month we’ll round up all your suggestions and put them in a random generator – this is the ‘lottery’ part.
- We’ll then make a blog post with five of your randomly chosen recommendations with a full synopsis, our thoughts on the choice and your explanation! All other suggestions will be added at the end as ‘Honorable Mentions’ so no one will miss out on having their recommendation shared.
This means that every month, you’ll get at least five recommendations based on a mood, trope or theme as well as being able to share your own favourites and hopefully find people who love them too!