Do you like recommending your favourite books? Would you like more recommendations tailored to your mood or content you fancy?
Then you’re in the right place!
How does it work?
- Each month, Michaela and I will pick a theme. This could be anything, from a certain type of representation to a specific trope to an emotion you want a book to make you feel.
- We’ll launch it on our blogs and Twitter at the start of the month – make sure you’re following both myself and Michaela!
- Then it’s up to you! All you need to do is leave a comment or reply to our tweet with a book recommendation you think fits that theme and why. This can be as long or short as you like and you can recommend as many or few as you can think of!
- At the end of the month we’ll round up all your suggestions and put them in a random generator – this is the ‘lottery’ part.
- We’ll then make a blog post with five of your randomly chosen recommendations with a full synopsis, our thoughts on the choice and your explanation! All other suggestions will be added at the end as ‘Honorable Mentions’ so no one will miss out on having their recommendation shared.
This means that every month, you’ll get at least five recommendations based on a mood, trope or theme as well as being able to share your own favourites and hopefully find people who love them too!
And now, for March’s theme… drumroll…
BOOKS WITH BADASS LADIES
That’s right! We want your favourite books which feature your favourite gals – whether they’re tough fighters, smart book owls or compassionate healers (or all three!). Let us know what book you would recommend featuring an amazing woman (or women) and tell us why you think others would love it!
Either comment on this post or reply to our pinned tweet on Twitter! You have until Sunday 31st March.